When you open up a fresh 3D Unity project you will get this default skybox. How do you create a more exciting skybox for your project?
- create a new material by right clicking in the Project window and selecting create => material
- In the inspector window switch the skybox shader from standard to the 6 sided skybox
- Now if you do not already have a skybox texture you can find many free skybox textures in the asset store
- Once you have selected your skybox texture you will drag each texture into the texture slots in order
- To apply the sky box go to window =>rendering => light settings
- now you can drag your skybox material into the skybox material setting in the light settings
- This will add your skybox to the scene